2016: Cupboard Love

HOLA! Journalling is getting hard, because the only time I get to blog about my day is after I come back from a long, long day of school....


HOLA! Journalling is getting hard, because the only time I get to blog about my day is after I come back from a long, long day of school. But I will keep this up because there is always things to share!!!! (-:

As usual, God is very gracious! I have SO much to give thanks for today! (-: I am glad that He has given me sufficient time on my hands to meet with friends and catch-up on their lives, yet have time for studies and internship applications too!

I managed to secure my FYP professor today, get the SONA systems settled, and start writing my internship application. I also managed to spend some quality time with 2 of my 老朋友 (-: Life is obviously starting to reach another milestone... just a nicer way of saying I am growing ho ho... old. I am afraid, yet excited of what He has in store for my life!

May I be able to deny myself, pick up the Cross and follow Him daily!

Today in Crusade I learnt that there is this 10/40 boundary stretching from Portugal to Tokyo and down to Philippines, whereby majority of those people are unreached. The Unreached aren't "more lost" than our friends in Singapore who have yet to know about Christ, but they are people who don't even have the means to even hear about who God is. There is an utter lack of missionaries in this 10/40 boundary. In fact, 74% of the missionaries in the world are situated in areas where there is already a significant amount of Christians present. This is because, in the 10/40 boundary, talking about religion is prohibited orrrr any missionary, if discovered, would be persecuted and banned.

So interesting??? I never knew.

But it did remind me of how privileged I am to know about Christ and to be able to practice my religion so freely.

And it also did make me wonder if one day God calls me to the 10/40 boundary today, will I be able to obey? We are so settled into our comfortable lives here in Singapore; our scheduled, structured lives, i.e. go to school, graduate, get a job, etc., will we be able to truly give everything up?

Ying Ting said something that struck a chord with me! She reminded us of Matthew 19:24 NIV, "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." And, I never thought about it this way before, but we, as Singaporeans are actually rich compared to the rest of the world.

It is really not easy to acknowledge that there is a God when we have been taught to be so self-sufficient!

On a separate note, we also did Campus Evangelism today. Haha, it's my second time! Honestly, I was dreading it (just like the previous time) and there were a thousand doubts running through my head when Ying Ting explained what we had to do.

Yeah, but when we went out there, all my fears were washed away. I work funny. When I start talking, any hint of the fear I had a second ago would just poof! disappear, and I can appear very friendly and bubbly. But yah, truth be told, just a millisecond ago I was pissing my pants hor. HAHA.

I really enjoyed approaching people and asking them if they had 5 - 10 minutes to spare, even if it meant that we had to face rejection. And then I had to ask them to do the picture card survey thing (totally forgot what that tool is called). Haha, and Eunice did the sharing of the gospel because I wasn't sure how to go through that green pamphlet thing LOLOLOLOL #clearlynew

Yes, was really excited once I started talking! Because, after all, it was the Word of God we were going to share!

Upon sharing with this nice dude who agreed to allow us to share, I realised that it wasn't I or my partner, Eunice, who was going to speak into his heart. It was God, Himself. And so, it really didn't matter if I sounded really boring or lame or uncool. I didn't have to sugar coat my words, and I definitely wasn't about to sell a product. It was only going to be the Spirit of God that would speak deep into his life. Simply, and truthfully.

So I will definitely continue to pray for (undisclosed recipient) (-: The seed has been planted and I have faith it will bloom!!!

God is really amazing. Had my doubts about Campus E. and I am sure many other Christians do too. But after trying it for myself, I now know that it is amazing not because of the 'feel-good' feeling we will get after sharing, but because we are doing what God called us to do! To make disciples of all nations. Plus, there is also an added advantage of it being a safe environment (i.e. school) and of course, strength from God (:

My challenge today:
Start simple: gather together a few bags of stuff to take to your local charity shop. And not just the scraps, people – let’s give some good stuff away too!
I decided to reserve this challenge for the weekend. I can't clear my cupboard now simply because it is a school day and I was out the entire day! But yes, it brings me back to a post I wrote 3(?) days back, whereby I mentioned that my mother really loves to give away my things, yet I am unable to part with them? I have a lot of things sitting in my cupboard I should clear and give away. I shouldn't just be packing up the unwanted gunk, but yes, also the good stuff! This challenge, I believe, is to teach us to divorce ourselves from our love from material goods. And I'm glad I am given this challenge to ponder over today!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images